We were in charge of the full planning, coordination and operation of the following project segments:
- Exchange of 2 main hoist wire ropes (non-rotating), 52 mm, 1,950 meters
- Exchange of 2 luffing wire ropes (8-strand), 54 mm, 2,300 meter
- Sheave exchange for main hoist and luffing wire ropes under coordination of and close cooperation with Liebherr (SWL Crane 1,500 mT)
- Planning and coordination of Job Safety Analysis and Method Statement for entire spooling operation.
- Removal of main hoist and luffing wire ropes using our 180T spooling machine.
- On-site re-spooling under pretension of newly delivered steel wire ropes using our 180T and 35T spooling machines.
- Installation (under pre-tension) of main hoist and luffing wire ropes using our 180T spooling machine.
This voluminous rigging operation was successfully executed by 5 of our rigging engineers within 15 days, well within schedule.