De Ruiter Staalkabel is lid geworden van de Rotterdam Port Promotion Council. Ter introductie werd een interview gehouden met onze CEO Dimitri Bracco Gartner. Het leverde een mooi inkijkje op in ons bedrijf. Je leest het interview hier
De Ruiter Staalkabel Crane
- Mooring & Anchoring Ropes – Available from Stock;
- Unique Selection of Specialty Crane Wire Ropes – Up to 160mm;
- Sling Manufacturing – From 4mm up to 127mm in Diameter Size;
- Hoisting Chain Assemblies – In all Sizes and Lengths;
- Dyneema Heavy Lift Slings – Made to Order;
- Socketing Capabilities – up to 144mm;
- ISO and VCA Certified;
- Fully Equipped Inspection & Testing Facilities: In-House & On-Site
- Certified On- and Offshore Rigging Engineers (LEEA, EKH, VCA);
- Mobile Spooling Equipment – From 2T up to 180T;
- Mobile Traction Winch with 40T Continuous Tension;
- Recommended Supplier of Shackles, Roundslings, Blocks, Sheaves & All Other Related Hoisting Equipment;
Boskalis has been working with De Ruiter Staalkabel since the early 1960s. In their Report on sustainability of 2019 they described our productive collaborations.
Both organizations are very motivated to contribute to a better environment and improve the product life cycle. We are proud of the results made.
Do you wish to understand more about the world of crane wire ropes?
Our customer Jack-Up Barge did!! At our facility in Dordrecht, De Ruiter Staalkabel hosted 20 delegates from J-UB.
Together with our sister company Usha Martin Italia, we developed and held a technical training specifically focused on the working environment in which J-UB operates.
This combined with a tour through our workshop and testing facility for some real life action.
For all involved a positive and hands-on learning experience while having fun throughout the day.
De Ruiter Staalkabel: How can we serve you today?
De Ruiter Staalkabel hosted 20 delegates from J-UB
In 2019 De Ruiter Staalkabel was granted a special spooling operation by its esteemed customer Liebherr.
The operation entailed the complete wire rope dress of Liebherr’s TCC 78000 Portal Crane. This massive, 164 meter high portal crane can handle up to 1600T and is one of the largest portable cranes of its kind.
Liebherr’s TCC 78000 Portal Crane
An absolute icon in Rostock – Liebherr TCC 78.000 Portal Crane
In close cooperation with the engineers of Liebherr our rigging team successfully executed the rigging operation. This project included:
– Engineering of rigging operation;
– Safety & and Job Risk Assessment, including work method statement
– Mobilization, installation and operation of fleet of spooling machines (up to 180T) and tension winch (40T CT);
– Installation and supervision of all steel wire ropes and end terminations, including:
- Luffing Wire Ropes: 2 x 1600 meter, 48mm, 8-strand, compacted;
- Main Hoist Wire Ropes: 2 x 2256 meter, 48mm, 8-strand, compacted – w/20T back-tension;
- Aux Hoist Wire Rope: 1 x 1724 meter, 48mm, non-rotating, compacted – w/22T back-tension;
Liebherr TCC 78.000 Portal Crane
Working at great heights
The spooling operation was performed at great heights and took place over several visits. A dedicated team of 4 fully certified rigging engineers of DRS was on-site throughout the whole project. This combined with the continuous support of various Liebherr service engineers proved to be a very successful combination and cooperation.
Successful cooperation among the engineers of Liebherr and De Ruiter Staalkabel.
The team working at great heights
For one of our main customers, De Ruiter Staalkabel and Brunton Shaw designed, manufactured and supplied a full package of large diameter high-tech steel wire ropes. A selection of 72mm main hoist, boom hoist (OCEANMAX8 3100 meter and 6250 meter) and aux hoist (OCEANMAX35 1700 meter) were delivered to be readily installed in a 5000T heavy lift crane.
In close cooperation with our customer, Usha Martin Italia (our Global Design Centre), and our manufacturing plant, we completed delivery of these high precision steel wire ropes. Carefully designed towards the required specification and manufactured with the highest precision.
5000T heavy lift crane