In 2019 De Ruiter Staalkabel was granted a special spooling operation by its esteemed customer Liebherr.
The operation entailed the complete wire rope dress of Liebherr’s TCC 78000 Portal Crane. This massive, 164 meter high portal crane can handle up to 1600T and is one of the largest portable cranes of its kind.
An absolute icon in Rostock – Liebherr TCC 78.000 Portal Crane
In close cooperation with the engineers of Liebherr our rigging team successfully executed the rigging operation. This project included:
– Engineering of rigging operation;
– Safety & and Job Risk Assessment, including work method statement
– Mobilization, installation and operation of fleet of spooling machines (up to 180T) and tension winch (40T CT);
– Installation and supervision of all steel wire ropes and end terminations, including:
- Luffing Wire Ropes: 2 x 1600 meter, 48mm, 8-strand, compacted;
- Main Hoist Wire Ropes: 2 x 2256 meter, 48mm, 8-strand, compacted – w/20T back-tension;
- Aux Hoist Wire Rope: 1 x 1724 meter, 48mm, non-rotating, compacted – w/22T back-tension;
Working at great heights
The spooling operation was performed at great heights and took place over several visits. A dedicated team of 4 fully certified rigging engineers of DRS was on-site throughout the whole project. This combined with the continuous support of various Liebherr service engineers proved to be a very successful combination and cooperation.
Successful cooperation among the engineers of Liebherr and De Ruiter Staalkabel.